Sarah and Thomas Ball had had nine sons and three daughters, including Nathaniel, Ezekial, Aaron, Timothy and Jonas. In 1744, Jonas Ball married Hannah Bruen and built a home next to his father’s on the north side of Tuscan Road on a 47.5 acre property that was a part of his father’s original property. In 1750, Jonas Ball, acquired 18 acres on the south side of Tuscan Road and built a stone structure that was known as the Spring House. That structure was used as a cooperage, taking advantage of a natural spring on the property, hence the name “Spring House.” It was also used as a milk-house and for residential purposes.
There is a fine sweet gum tree about 75-feet tall, between the house and garage, near the southeast property line, that is reported to be more than 200-years old.